We ensure that each step of the process adheres to regulatory guidelines, from establishing a corporate ownership structure in the BVI to providing the required documentation for the registration, transfer or finance of any vessel.
Harneys has decades of experience within the British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands, allowing us to truly maximize the benefits of the jurisdiction’s Shipping Registry.
Harneys’ staff understands each procedure, making the entire process straightforward and quickly accomplished. We provide advice to purchasers, sellers and lenders, in addition to the following services:
- establishing an ownership structure;
- preparing documents for, and registering, a yacht;
- dealing with financing, deeds of covenants, mortgages and discharges;
- registering ship’s mortgages and other security interests;
- providing statutory local representative person;
- dealing with other compliance matters such as radio licenses.