We work one-on-one with clients to determine the impact of each type of legislation on their operations in the BVI, Cayman and Cyprus. Additionally we ensure that appropriate compliance measures are taken as we continually monitor new developments in FATCA law.
Harneys recent experience includes advising the BVI Government on its Intergovernmental Agreement with the US in relation to FATCA. Harneys also sits on the private sector committee in the Cayman Islands which consults with the Cayman Government on matters related to FATCA.
Our FATCA services include but are not limited to:
- Entity Classification and FATCA obligations advice;
- Entity GIIN Registration;
- FATCA Responsible Officer;
- preparation of W-8BEN-E;
- drafting FATCA board resolutions;
- sponsoring an entity and drafting relevant documentation;
- conducting due diligence on account holders;
- registration and reporting to the BVI ITA on behalf of FFIs;
- drafting self-certification letters;
- drafting and submitting election letters on behalf of FFIs that have elected the ARR.